Use of cushions
margin: 14px 0px;
margin: 20px 0px;
Use of Cushions
Many of us live in small spaces or in rented accommodation and may not want to own heavy decor pieces. But that does not mean that our houses should look bare-boned and that we should not pay attention to home interior design ideas. We can easily add glamour to our homes by changing our soft furnishings. Choosing the latest trend cushion covers for your living and bedroom space is the smartest way of adding glamour to your interior. Here are some of the tips for making it work best for you
- Place two cushions in complementary colours at each end of the couch. This adds color to your interior and make the whole ambience lively.
- When choosing colours of the cushions, make sure that they are pulling together colours from other elements of the room like curtains, rugs, table covers etc, and blending in with the rest of your home interior design scheme.
- Avoid propping cushions up on their edges as that may not stay in place for long and you may end up making your decor look sloppy.
- Apart from placing cushions of different colours or prints, you can try new home interior design ideas by placing cushions of different shapes and sizes together.
- Throw some floor cushions on a rug and you have an alternate sitting arrangement at your disposal perfect for seating unexpected guests.
- Digital prints and geometric designs look good on all kinds of décor and can be added to accentuate the look of any room.
- For a dramatic look, get some silk cushions, leather cushions or suede cushions and place them on your couch, chairs, bed or divan. Match it with curtains of the same texture and give your house an opulent look within seconds.
- You can use cushions as art pieces by buying designer cushion covers created by contemporary or home interior design artists who focus on kitsch.
- You can bring to life your dull wooden garden furniture or wrought iron patio furniture by using cushions in solid colours.
- If you would like to give your interior scheme a traditional or an ethnic look, add some cushions or pillows with embroidery, sequins, appliqué and quilted patchwork.
- You can place soft bolsters at the head of the bed or divan. It will support your back when you are sitting and you can even hug it while you sleep.
- Use cushions with 3-dimensional patterns on it. You can buy a printed 3D cushion from any home interior design store, online or offline.
- Don’t put too many or too fluffy cushions on your sofa or there will be no space to sit. In terms of count, five to seven cushions are just right for a three-seater sofa set.
- The biggest risk that comes with redoing your home interior design with cushions is that if you are too generous with them, your house may end up looking cluttered. So, don’t go overboard.